The Purchasing, Inventory/Production Control Coordinator perform all aspects of purchasing for the company and for managing the inventory, distribution and control of those items for all company locations. The Coordinator must identify the products that are to be purchased, identify the most appropriate supplier for the products, confirm all aspects of pricing, confirm all deliveries and maintain an inventory control database. The position reports to the Plant Manager.
Responsibilities & Duties:
The Purchasing/ Inventory/ Production Control Coordinator's primary duties include but are not limited to:
• Work with company department managers to determine purchasing needs and requirements for production, maintenance and Facility products
• Identify the most appropriate supplier for the designated product, determine availability, perform comparative pricing and negotiate pricing, confirm quality of products and establish delivery requirements/timelines
• Perform all purchasing functions, such as issuing purchase orders (POs), invoice creation, pricing verification, payment authorization, complete entries into accounting system
• Input and maintain online database of all products; maintains daily inventory update
• Identify and resolve any and all issues related to product quality, pricing, delivery, utilization, loss
• Update company on any new products that may be more efficient or cost effective, obsolete products, product trends
• Creating and maintaining new inventory items and entering new bill and materials
• Response to all related inventory problems and pursues and implements remedies to such problems.
• Monitors material inventory, tracks progress of production and reviews factors that affect the schedule.
• Monitors inventory and places a replacement work orders for sub-assemblies and finished stock product.
• Review raw materials (steel, treatments, cloth, Nyalox, Non-woven) and requisition product as needed.
• Assists in determining obsolete stock and removing from inventory.
• Assists receiving and verifies product identification and count as necessary.
• Requisitioning of product purchased parts and the maintaining of effective inventory control records and system procedures.
• Research Inventory Issues
• Releases individual orders to the appropriate departments.
• Issue's orders to the appropriate departments due to revisions. "EI" Change orders.
• Process stock orders and distributes them to Supervisors.
• Communicates all factors that affect schedules to senior management.
• Expedites orders that customers are checking on or provide estimated ship dates for sales.
• Performs functions to plan, coordinate, control and direct activities involving the scheduling and release of production orders.
• Adjusts work schedules as necessary to meet special order requirements.
• Research open orders.
Work experience requirements:
• Two or more years' experience Purchasing
• Inventory and/or production control experience a plus
• Perform other duties as assigned, including ad-hoc analysis on methods to optimize price through market and pricing strategies.
• Computer literacy, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Business casual dress required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Math or Accounting skills, or equivalent work experience.
Date prepared: July 18, 2018
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers